To drive the economy and become a digital society that could Improves the standard of living and enhancing the abilities of Thai citizens to be able to complete in the international world.
Ministry Enhancing Act, (Book no. 17), 2016 (Establishing the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society). Section 8/1, article 21/1, stated that the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society has the responsibility to manage and plan to improve the digital utilizing to gain the benefits of the economy and social development. Moreover, the Thailand Meteorological Department, National Statistical Office, and other related governmental offices are placing under the management of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society.
The Mission of the Office of National Digital Economy and Society Commission under the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society
ONDE has a mission to support and corporate with the National Digital Economy and Society committee, and specific operation committees that have the authority and duties as follows;
(1) Drafting national policies specifically about digital economy and society according to the National Digital Economy and Society committee for Economy and Society, as well as presenting the national policies to the committees.
(2) Drafting policies and the distinctive plan according to the guidance of the specific committees. The policies should be related to the national policies specifically about digital economy and society, and then presented the policies to specific committees.
(3) Study and analyze to propose the guidelines which will define the policies of financial direction, public finance and investment. Furthermore, the policies are including tax measurement and privileges in term of digital economy and society development as well as its procurement and purchasing. The suggest policies should be able to reduce the problems and obstacles in process of digital economy and society development.
(4) Serve as a focal point for coordinating and supporting the operation of work in accordance with the national policies and plans on digital economy and society development as well as specific policies and plans.
(5) Coordinate and cooperate with the Digital Economy Promotion Agency to develop and prepare the strategies in promoting the plans on digital economy and its operation in accordance with the policies and national plans on digital economy and society development particularly in term of digital economic promotion.
(6) Creating of various surveys to collect information and movements of trends that related to digital development for economy and society. Including analyzing and researching of the issues concerning with digital economic and society, which will creating impact on national development. Then, reporting the results to the Committee or specific committees.
(7) Monitoring and appraising the implementation of the national policies and plans on digital economy and society development as well as developing the action plans and work plans. Then providing the result to the committee and specific committees.
(8) Coordinate and cooperate with government agencies and private agencies that engage in administration management and digital economy and society development which set out according to the Acts and the laws.
(9) Studying and analyzing then executing the plans according to the Committee and specific committees or following the execution of the acts.
(10) Purposely serve as a secretary for the National Digital Economy and Society Committee and Specific committees.
(11) Other responsibilities and duties would be executed according to the order of the committee or laws to provide the power and the obligation to the office.